Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ok, Ok, I know it's been a while :)

So, my only true responsibility thus far in helping plan the wedding has been to update this blog site weekly with bits of information and other random anecdotes... clearly I’ve been failing at that.

I am pleased to announce that Amanda has been holding up her end of the bargain! We now have a church, a date, a pastor, a reception hall, and a dj. For the first month and a half or so of our engagement there was a drought of post-worthy information to pass on due to the difficulty of finding a church, but now things seem to be rapidly falling into place.

What I can tell you thus far is that we will be tying the knot on Friday, July 30th, 2010 in lovely western Wisconsin. Part of the reason for choosing this date is that Amanda's parents were married on July 31st, and her grandparents on July 30th. The ceremony will take place at the English Lutheran Church in downtown La Crosse, followed by a reception at Stoney Creek, in Onalaska (I was really pulling for the French Lutheran Church, but I wouldn't want to be the only one that understands what's being said at the ceremony, so I graciously conceded!). Our good friend, Dave De Ridder, who graciously opened his doors to the then long-haired hippie from Oregon for an undisclosed amount of time, will be guiding us through our pre-marital counseling as well as officiating the ceremony.

Well, my duty is done for this week. I'm sure there'll be plenty more to update you on next week as Amanda is currently back in Wisconsin and making plenty of arrangements for her, ahem, OUR big day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment